Saturday, December 7, 2019

Trip to Prague, Koh-I-Noor shop hunt

koh i noor pencils prague, storefront

I went on a trip to Prague and of course, I had to go hunting for Koh-I-Noor shops. 

As beautiful as Prague is, the weather was not the best, not even close. Around 1 - 3 degrees Celsius and constant rain. I wondered on the streets, but because of the weather and the limited time available, I only got to visit 2 Koh-I-Noor shops. One of the shops I had visited on a previous trip in Prague (link).
What I really like is that Koh-I-Noor knows how to promote themselves and associate the stationary brand to Czech and to Prague. I would say they are very proud of their tradition and that is great. Going to a Koh-I-Noor shop in Prague should be on everyone's tour. In the end, these shops are landmarks just like a church, a bridge...

koh i noor hedgehog pencils
  The first Koh-I-Noor shop visited was in the old town, in center. I was a mix of of pencils and souvenirs, so I don't think it's owned by Koh-I-Noor. Also, it was kind of a tourist trap as everything inside seemed a bit overpriced. On Google maps you will find this shop under the name Koh-I-Noor Pencils.
 

The second shop was the one I have visited on my previous trip. A very large shop dedicated exclusively to the Koh-I-Noor products (Koh-I-Noor Hardmuth as). It is located in the vicinity of Prague Castle. This shop had a smaller selection of clutch and mechanical pencils and it was more oriented to the artists. But I still managed to find some very interesting products, and not to mention the prices were better.
koh i noor hedgehogs
I really like the decor Koh-I-Noor uses in the shops. It has a feeling of traditional, classy, and very friendly. Also, they address a very wide range of customers. From kids to artists and everything in between.
koh i noor hedgehog

2 comments:

Popular Posts